× Members

medical for reconsideration

• martha
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #26834 by martha
medical for reconsideration was created by martha
Im still in the reconsideration stage, not yet appealed (as i hadnt found this site till after i had asked for reconsideration, or i wouldnt have bothered, and gone straight to appeal)
I have been asked to have a medical. is that normal at this stage? i can understand for appeal , but this medical will take me over the 11 weeks for decision.
I have tried to search for the answer. (and am preparing incase i need to appeal)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 7 months ago #26859 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
martha wrote:

Im still in the reconsideration stage, not yet appealed (as i hadnt found this site till after i had asked for reconsideration, or i wouldnt have bothered, and gone straight to appeal)
I have been asked to have a medical. is that normal at this stage? i can understand for appeal , but this medical will take me over the 11 weeks for decision.
I have tried to search for the answer. (and am preparing incase i need to appeal)

Hi,

It is not unusual by any means for a medical request to be made to assist in a reconsideration decision.

With regsrds to eleven weeks, in the case of DLA etc, these are only guidelines, some cases take longer, some shorter for a reconsideration to be made. There is no maximum//minimum time limits specified.

Pete

• martha
  • Topic Author
13 years 7 months ago #26863 by martha
Replied by martha on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
Many thanks.
Im with lottie now and looking forward to hearing if there is anyone out there who has had a decent medical?
So far im appalled and ashamed to be in the same profession.

More
13 years 7 months ago #26946 by elaine pyrke
Replied by elaine pyrke on topic Re:medical for reconsideration
I was refused DLA and appealed. I was then required to have a medical at home - the doctor went through the form at a fairly brisk pace, reserved rather than chatty, but seemed to have an appreciation of the effects of my illness.

A couple of weeks later I was granted DLA, without having to go to a tribunal.

So don't despair, it may work out better than you think. All the best,

Elaine

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.