× Members

Success

• Clare Chisholm
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27119 by Clare Chisholm
Success was created by Clare Chisholm
Just wanted to share - I'm so relieved and happy that I've just got my award for higher rate mobility and middle rate care. First application, no medical and awarded for 2yrs. I did actually apply 9 yrs ago after major hip surgery which left me wheelchair bound for 6 months, but was refused, and I wasn't in the right frame of mind back then to appeal.

The advice from this site has been fantastic and I'm sure it has helped with my claim. I involved my GP and sent him a letter setting out all the things I have difficulty with, and sent in lots of supporting evidence, such as scan results and letters from my consultant. They did ask the GP for a report, which must have been enough.

I've had a condition since birth which affects my walking, and not claimed until now (I'm nearly 40). It's deteriorated over the last year. This will mean I can get an automatic car it's going to make such a huge difference to my life and my family.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #27123 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Success
Clare Chisholm
wrote:

Just wanted to share - I'm so relieved and happy that I've just got my award for higher rate mobility and middle rate care. First application, no medical and awarded for 2yrs. I did actually apply 9 yrs ago after major hip surgery which left me wheelchair bound for 6 months, but was refused, and I wasn't in the right frame of mind back then to appeal.

The advice from this site has been fantastic and I'm sure it has helped with my claim. I involved my GP and sent him a letter setting out all the things I have difficulty with, and sent in lots of supporting evidence, such as scan results and letters from my consultant. They did ask the GP for a report, which must have been enough.

I've had a condition since birth which affects my walking, and not claimed until now (I'm nearly 40). It's deteriorated over the last year. This will mean I can get an automatic car it's going to make such a huge difference to my life and my family.

Thanks

Think you need DLA HRM for three years to get car on scheme

• kathy1
13 years 6 months ago #27125 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re: Success
Hi Clare

Congradulations with your award.

Kathy

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #27127 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Success
Great news! I hope your success will encourage others.

• Clare Chisholm
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27132 by Clare Chisholm
Replied by Clare Chisholm on topic Re:Success
I checked with the garage today and as long as you have 12 months award remaining you can have a motability car. I know the lease is for 3 yrs, but I'm just looking forward to the next 2 yrs of not worrying about it....

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.