× Members

More stringent DLA claims?

• Liz McTernan
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27276 by Liz McTernan
More stringent DLA claims? was created by Liz McTernan
For the first time in six years, I have had my DLA renewal held up by a request for a GP report. I sent it in 23/8/10 as it runs out 18/9/10.
This is despite repeating practically word for word what was on a previous form less than nine months ago when I asked for a review. My award was unchanged from HR Mobility and MR care.
I've checked my bank account: only £47.80 has gone in (Mobility get the rest for my adapted car).
I cannot renew my Blue Badge which also runs out 18/9/10 by coincidence as I need my DLA reward letter. :S I could of course fill in the rest of the form like mere mortals do, but the DLA form was depressing enough to complete (yet again).
My child benefit for my son (aged 16) has also been stopped but he has started sixth form already, so I am a bit skint now!
Out of the blue, a letter arrived from Pathways to Work, requesting I attend an ESA interview next week(eighteen months after I eventually got it and I have already attended five 'interviews' including some voluntary ones when I was on sick leave from work. I was never on IB)
I am starting to get a little creeped out by all this.
Oh, by the way, I am paraplegic (T9 incomplete), doubly incontinent, have bilateral carpel tunnel, severe neuropathic pain, suffer from fibroids and depression. Perhaps that isn't enough to qualify anymore :(
Even my mother has been questioning when I'm going back to work (she reads the Torygraph)...I am fed up with being made to feel worthless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27284 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: More stringent DLA claims?
Hi Liz, You really need to get urgent face to face advice on this, Also get your MP involved. Best Wishes

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #27501 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:More stringent DLA claims?
Liz McTernan wrote:

For the first time in six years, I have had my DLA renewal held up by a request for a GP report. I sent it in 23/8/10 as it runs out 18/9/10.
This is despite repeating practically word for word what was on a previous form less than nine months ago when I asked for a review. My award was unchanged from HR Mobility and MR care.
I've checked my bank account: only £47.80 has gone in (Mobility get the rest for my adapted car).
I cannot renew my Blue Badge which also runs out 18/9/10 by coincidence as I need my DLA reward letter. :S I could of course fill in the rest of the form like mere mortals do, but the DLA form was depressing enough to complete (yet again).
My child benefit for my son (aged 16) has also been stopped but he has started sixth form already, so I am a bit skint now!
Out of the blue, a letter arrived from Pathways to Work, requesting I attend an ESA interview next week(eighteen months after I eventually got it and I have already attended five 'interviews' including some voluntary ones when I was on sick leave from work. I was never on IB)
I am starting to get a little creeped out by all this.
Oh, by the way, I am paraplegic (T9 incomplete), doubly incontinent, have bilateral carpel tunnel, severe neuropathic pain, suffer from fibroids and depression. Perhaps that isn't enough to qualify anymore :(
Even my mother has been questioning when I'm going back to work (she reads the Torygraph)...I am fed up with being made to feel worthless.

Child Benefit can be paid after 16 years of age see here

www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/keep-up-to-...aged-16/child-16.htm

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.