× Members

Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?

More
13 years 6 months ago #27537 by Feelinghopeless
Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note? was created by Feelinghopeless
On 11th August I attended my ESA medical and then received a letter telling me I was in the work related activity group and that I would receive £91.40 a week from September 10th 2010. Then a few days ago I received a letter telling me that I had not sent in a recent sick note and therefore my benefits would stop if a sick note was not received by 23rd September. The really odd thing is that on this letter they said that I was covered from 17th July (in spite of the fact that I started getting ESA in June)and that my cover ran out on 23rd Sept, in spite of the fact that my sick notes were monthly and were from the 16th of the month to the 16th of the next month. So not only have they told me that I need a sick note, in spite of 'passing' my ESA medical, but they have also got the dates that I have been receiving my 'assessment' phase (£65.45 a week) which hardly makes me feel confidant. Surely I do not need a sick note, not that I am in the work related group? Please help. This is SO stressful! :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27539 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?
Does the letter you received informing you that you have been placed in the ESA work-related activity group, advise that you do not need to submit any further medical certificates(sick notes)?

This is the usual practice, as once the DWP decide to which group you are allocated for ESA purposes, control of your claim and the date of your next medical assessment is determined by the disability analyst on form ESA85, in conjunction with the DWP.

For what period do the DWP require the sick note?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 6 months ago #27541 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?
The letter informing me that I was in the work related activity did not mention sending any sick notes.

The latest letter said that I needed a sick note by 23rd September in spite of the fact the my last sick note expired on 16th September (all my GP sick notes were monthly, from 16th to the 16th of the next month and I would normally get one of these reminders around the 12tth of the month). I did not get a reminder when my last sick note expired (16th August) but I sent one anyway. I assumed that because my medical was on 11th August I no longer needed to provide a sick note, thus no reminder. I am totally confused as to why they say I was covered from 17th July to 23rd September. I have been on the assessment phase since 16th June, and my last sick note expired on 16th September. As the letter informing me that I was now in the work related group said that from 10th September I would receive £91.40 a week, this is even more baffling!

More
13 years 6 months ago #27545 by Feelinghopeless
Replied by Feelinghopeless on topic Re:Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?
..............sorry for waffling on.

In answer to your question, the DWP said that I was covered from 17th July to 23rd September.

More
13 years 6 months ago #27547 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?
You need to contact your local JCP/BD office to find out why they require any more sick notes, after the date you were placed in the ESA work-related activity group? You have passed the medical assessment (as of 10 September 2010) and therefore no sick notes will be necessary.

As I alluded to in my previous post, the responsibility for any further medical assessments rests with the DWP. Your GP's role in the issue of sick notes ends when you are allocated to either the WRAG or the support group.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 6 months ago #27601 by Jellybean
Replied by Jellybean on topic Re:Passed ESA med, so why still need sick note?
Hi mel
Just had a look at your post regarding sick note last Friday I two recived a letter
from the DWP asking me for a new sick note I had my medical in june and was put in the same group as your self I was confused when it arrived I thought some one had changed the goal post as you say on the ruling on sending sick notes in or should I now say fit notes. I rang the DWP and was told it was their fault system error I should not have been sent it so from the look of your post and perhaps maybe other people it seems the error may be bigger then we think. Try and not worry I understand when you are not well letters like your and mine turn in to a big event hope this post helps
best wishes
jellybean

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.