× Members

dread

• Tony
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27931 by Tony
dread was created by Tony
I get the high rate of DlA care and my IB ran out on the 31st of August. I have been told because I get the high DLA rate I am exempt from the PCA. But what happens to my IB am I awarded it gain or am I thrown to the lions in February with everyone else? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago #27938 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:dread
Tony wrote:

I get the high rate of DlA care and my IB ran out on the 31st of August. I have been told because I get the high DLA rate I am exempt from the PCA. But what happens to my IB am I awarded it gain or am I thrown to the lions in February with everyone else? :dry:

Hi,

Sadly, unlike IB (where High Rate DLA Care component exempts one from the PCA test), there is no such exemption from the Work Capability Assessment (WCA) when one claims or is migrated to ESA. So at some point you will probably face the WCA.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.