× Members

ESA50 questionnaire just arrived

• Liz McTernan
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27959 by Liz McTernan
ESA50 questionnaire just arrived was created by Liz McTernan
I've just received an ESA50 questionnaire after Pathways to Work interview last week (apparently I only attended three of my five and slipped through the net i.e.I was never contacted by TNG). Am already in Work Related group (even though I am paraplegic with incontinence amongst other things)since 17/9/09.
My DLA is being queried too, with a request for a doctors report, so have no money coming in from that. I cannot use my adapted car from Motability because my Blue Badge also expired and I need DLA letter to renew (or fill in medical forms-agh!)
My questions are: Why do I need to fill in another of these forms again so soon? And what is the point of another possible medical?? Has anyone else been under scruntiny like this?
I'm feeling a bit hounded at the moment and getting depressed about being seen as a benefit scounger. I've just applied for a part-time job and am doing an O.U. course, as well as being a mum to two teenagers. My disability was caused by an accident and sadly, paralysis is for life, so I'm not going to be able to run away anytime soon...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Catherine
13 years 6 months ago #27964 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:ESA50 questionnaire just arrived
Dear Liz

I don't have enough expertise to offer you any specific advice (hopefully others can help), but just wanted to say how sorry i am that you are having to go through all this despite the severe health problems you have.

Best wishes

• Liz McTernan
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #27973 by Liz McTernan
Replied by Liz McTernan on topic Re:ESA50 questionnaire just arrived
Thanks Catherine,
Thanks for your support. Nice to know someone is listening out there, but could really do with some advice right now!

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #27975 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA50 questionnaire just arrived
Liz McTernan wrote:

I've just received an ESA50 questionnaire after Pathways to Work interview last week (apparently I only attended three of my five and slipped through the net i.e.I was never contacted by TNG). Am already in Work Related group (even though I am paraplegic with incontinence amongst other things)since 17/9/09.
My DLA is being queried too, with a request for a doctors report, so have no money coming in from that. I cannot use my adapted car from Motability because my Blue Badge also expired and I need DLA letter to renew (or fill in medical forms-agh!)
My questions are: Why do I need to fill in another of these forms again so soon? And what is the point of another possible medical?? Has anyone else been under scruntiny like this?
I'm feeling a bit hounded at the moment and getting depressed about being seen as a benefit scounger. I've just applied for a part-time job and am doing an O.U. course, as well as being a mum to two teenagers. My disability was caused by an accident and sadly, paralysis is for life, so I'm not going to be able to run away anytime soon...

as you say the accident was only a year ago so they still dont have that much in the way of medical records reports and test results .... as time goes by you will be able to swamp them with information

yes your under scruntiny as are all who want dla but with what you have posted if its so and the reports and test results back that up if you get dla again you could see if given for a longer period of time

• ken
13 years 6 months ago #27978 by ken
Replied by ken on topic Re:ESA50 questionnaire just arrived
It was getting to the stage when i would wait a year for appeal for incapacity, win, and then three months later they would fail me at medical again....

• millymoo
13 years 6 months ago #27979 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:ESA50 questionnaire just arrived
Hi Liz

If you conact the office that issued you with the blue badge they will sort this for you the only thing is you would have to go in for an assessment. I dont get HRM so each tme mine expires i go in for assessment as my disability doesnt automatically qualify you for a blue badge.

As for your DLA usually when they ask for a drreport they continue to pay this until they receive the dr lette, unless it is up for review. This happend to friend of mine and they wanted a report from her consultant, she was on an indefinate award and they continued to pay her DLA. Is this a review or has your previous award expired?
I am really sorry you are in this situation but always remember we are always here for you.

Good luck
Mm x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.