× Members

No DLA !!!

• chrissyb
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28085 by chrissyb
No DLA !!! was created by chrissyb
I am feeling totally angry, let down and made to feel like a liar.
It took me 8 half hours to complete the claim form with help from your guides, DR's and consultants reports and obviously my experience and have received a decision in the post today.
I have Cervical Spondylosis, Osteoarthritis and Depression and have been turned down for both the mobility and care awards.
I've checked over the explanations against your guides and my copy of the claim form and disagree with some of the responses.

I am not sure what to do next as I'm feeling totally down and this is not helping my depression. Is it worth taking it further?

I said to my husband this morning I've worked for about 24 years and paid all my taxes and contributions and brought up a family in between and now I want help it all gets thrown back in your face with avengence. I've also recently been retired on health grounds so someone obviously thinks I'm ill enough not be able work !! I also had my ESA medical last Monday and I'm not holding out much hope for that at the moment.

Sorry for rambling but it's the way I'm feeling and being let down by the state when there are people on benefits year in year out with nothing wrong with them and it's the genuine ones who have to suffer for the minority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #28094 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: No DLA !!!
If you've got the energy, what's to be lost by appealing? You can always change your mind and drop out if the appeal process gets too stressful for you.

If you appeal, the decision will automatically be reviewed and the original decision may be overturned before you even get to a tribunal.

You never know your luck and if you don't appeal, you'll never know if you would have won.

• millymoo
13 years 6 months ago #28097 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:No DLA !!!
Hi Chrissy

Please dont give up!!! It took 3 applications and a tribunal before i was awarded DLA. Appeal following the excellent advice on this site, i am sure they rely on people giving up. If it goes to tribunal then fine as they will see you as you are. I was awarded MRC and it was a unanimous decision. All of this has made me mentally stronger. Go for it you have nothing to lose!!

Good luck
Mm :) a smile costs nothing

• chrissyb
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28121 by chrissyb
Replied by chrissyb on topic Re:No DLA !!!
Thanks Millymoo and Survivor.
Ill try to chill out the rest of the weekend and start afresh again on Monday hopefully a little bit brighter on Monday. Ill ring for the details the decision was based on and take it from there.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.