× Members

ESA appeal won

More
13 years 6 months ago #28215 by Peter
ESA appeal won was created by Peter
I must thank this site for the knowledge it has given me to win my appeal on 14 September 2010. I wasn't represented, after studying all of your archives, I was able to construct my own defence. One point though, I haven't heard from the DWP yet concerning the change of benefit and the backdated benefit. Is that normal in this situation with their workloads, or should I be contacting them?

Thanks again,

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago #28218 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA appeal won
Peter wrote:

I must thank this site for the knowledge it has given me to win my appeal on 14 September 2010. I wasn't represented, after studying all of your archives, I was able to construct my own defence. One point though, I haven't heard from the DWP yet concerning the change of benefit and the backdated benefit. Is that normal in this situation with their workloads, or should I be contacting them?

Thanks again,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Firstly congratulations on your appeal success.

It can (and does) take time for the Tribual decision to reach the relevant DWP office and it is often upto four to six weeks before payment changes.

You could ring the DWP DBC dealing with your claim and enquire both if they have got the notification from the Tribunal Service and when they expect payment to be made.

Pete

More
13 years 6 months ago #28254 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:ESA appeal won
Hi peter,

Congratulations on your success and, as always, thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.

How many points did you have before and after your appeal?

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 6 months ago #28257 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Re:ESA appeal won
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your comments. I was originally awarded 6 points from the medical, and the tribunal awarded me 15 points.

Thank you and Pete for getting back to me.

Regards,

Peter

More
13 years 6 months ago #28298 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:ESA appeal won
Hi Peter,

Thanks, from 6 to 15 points is not bad going and it does go to show just how unreliable so may Atos reports are.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.