× Members

Help on Appeal please?

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29764 by de1
Replied by de1 on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
Hi everyone,

Just to upate i saw the CAB last week. They rang dwp for me which was very nice of them. dwp confirmed they had received my gl24 and it was being looked at. today i checked my bank and i have received some backdated payment from dwp, which is a huge relief.

2 things to note. i thought i would only continue being paid esa from when the gl24 was received by dwp, but i have recieved payment from when the esa was stopped.

CAB also said i will not need to send another sick note as there is still another couple of months left on my previous sick note.

Not sure if these 2 things are just my local office or if these are nationwide policy's. But they are the fair and common sense approach, im sure you'll agree.

CAB are also writing to my doctor. A bit of a load off my mine anyway. CAB said the tribunal will probably be around 9 months away and i will probably be waiting 2-3 months for the bundle, unless DWP hire a lot more staff, judges or whatever in the mean time to deal with the backlog.

I'm extremely grateful for this website and the CAB. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 5 months ago #29777 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
Hi de1, thankyou for updating your progress, it's been a help to me as I am in about the same position as you. However, my appeals bundle turned up just two weeks after I put in my appeal form. Along with it came a note saying an appeal would not be before 22nd Jan. I'm not sure if the time differs from area to area. Mine will be in Southampton.
Best of luck with your appeal,
Rachel

More
13 years 5 months ago #29792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
My appeal date is at least mid February from an appeal at the beginning of September, I'm sure I've seen someone on the forums getting an appeal this year so there is obviously quite some variation across the country.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29811 by de1
Hi Rachel, no problem, I'm glad it's helped you. Good luck with your appeal also. Thanks for letting me know when your appeal will be.

Likewise Stephen. I think the CAB said people in my area where getting their tribunals in March and that was from appeals in September, so it seems to be about 6 months here.

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36922 by de1
hi all just got my appeal bundle through.

doesnt give a date on tribunal yet. says the decision was looked at but not revised due to no extra supporting evidence. i thought i had a month after receiving the appeal papers to do that. cAB were contacting my GP, not heard back since. i have been keeping a diary, no point now i guess.

glanced through at papers saw something about 'we urge tribunal to stick to the original decision'

anyway thats enough for now.

adios

• de1
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36976 by de1
something isn't right.

this appeal bundle recieved 2day is the first letter from dwp since sending the gl24 2 months ago.

it says no extra evidence was given therefore no revision (i got 12 points first time)

the cab were contacting my gp for evidence, i also took evidence to the cab which they photocopied.

when was i supposed to have given this extra evidence?

the cab said to contact them when i next hear from dwp which was today.

confused.

im guessing this will effect me negatively.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.