× Members

DLA award using BW Guides

More
13 years 6 months ago #28449 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: DLA award using BW Guides
Hi Egon, well done on getting your friend the awards you got them, but do take it easy you have had major surgery so have a good rest. Best Wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28866 by norder
Replied by norder on topic Re: DLA award using BW Guides
I totally agree; how someone seriously ill could do those forms beats me. I recently helped a friend fill in one for her mother. She'd started it herself and had just done yes no answers. She was utterly shocked when I started pushing her for more information and at the amount I wrote. It took 2 days in 6 hours stretches and put me in bed for several days but she got it accepted without quibble. She herself has more metalwork in her spine than I can imagine and is on permanent Incapacity benefit so I'm dreading the day they decide to reassess her . She won't apply for DLA which she should have because of the forms.

• Highinsteps
13 years 6 months ago #28967 by Highinsteps
Replied by Highinsteps on topic Re: DLA award using BW Guides
How lovely of you to help other people. We should all do that if we can if we have been successful. Agree, it does seem that only 'good cross referencing form fillers' get the best chance. I was not too careful with my daughter's renewal form (too busy looking after her and even left 2 or 3 blank spaces. Oh! the regret and the time it has taken to re-fill a new form pointing out the mistakes and making things clearer. My daughter's DLA was lowered to the lowest for the Care Componant and has left her without enough money to pay bills let alone all the rest of her living expenses. What percentage of people get awards by doing their own appeal letter I wonder, without going to a tribunal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.