× Members

Help on Appeal please?

• cookie
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #28513 by cookie
Help on Appeal please? was created by cookie
Hi all,

I have had my Atos medical . I have CFS/ME.
I got my letter from DWP saying I was fit to work. I was awarded 0 points.
My problem is I didn't find this website until after my medical. So I didn't send supporting evidence. I just sent back my ATOS questionnaire on its own.

I have sent my appeal form GL24 with a letter asking them to continue paying my ESA.I have also contacted a welfare officer, who I am waiting to hear from.
My sick line runs out in 2 weeks on Monday.

Questions:
Should I make an appontment with my Dr and ask for a report of my condition? Or wait until I see my welfare officer.

Is there a chance if I send evidence I won't need to go to appael tribunal?
As I find the idea very daunting.

If I do need to go to the appeal tribunal, caan anyone tell wht happens and what questions I can expect to askedd ?

Its just the whole thing is stresssing me out.
Thanks for your help.

Cookie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #28516 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
Hi Cookie,

Have you used our guide to ESA appeals, that will tell you a lot about what happens.

No-one can tell you what questions you will be asked as it depends entirely on the tribunal members and on what points you are arguing for. But, if for example, you are arguing for points for mobility then there will probably be questions about things like shopping and getting around at home and trips out as well as how you got to the tribunal venue.

It is possible that the decision will be changed without your having to go to a hearing, but this happens in a relatively small number of cases, so best to prepare as if you are going to be going.

If you do get the help of a representative then the advantage of waiting until you see them before contacting your GP is that they will be well practised in writing to health professionals and asking for focused supporting evidence.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• cookie
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #28518 by cookie
Replied by cookie on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
Hi,
Yes I have got the appeals guide.Whiuch is very useful.
Thannk you for your advice.

Cookie

• cookie
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29023 by cookie
Hi All,
I have sent my appeal request back with a letter to ask DWP to continue paying my ESA.Will I get a written reply from DWP teliing me I will still get my ESA payments?
Or should I phone DWP?Thanks for your advice

Kind regards
Cookie

More
13 years 5 months ago #29028 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Help on Appeal please?
Yes you should, mine took about 10 days to arrive.

In the interim you may also receive a letter from your local council (if you are receiving any benefits from them), regarding the ESA decision, don't rush to answer this as when you receive confirmation that you are back on ESA assessment rate, they will also be informed and a phone call to them should get rid of the need to send the info they are requesting.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• cookie
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #29154 by cookie
Hi Steve,
thanks for your help.
kind regards
Cookie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.