× Members

IB50 three months after winning appeal.

• emma
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28738 by emma
I give up. I honestly do. Having had a successful appeal in April and then developed psychogenic seizures from the stress of the appeal process, I thought I'd be left alone for a year at least. Not so. IB50 dropped through my door in August. After a phone call which ended with me breaking down completely over the phone, an ATOS representative told me not to fill in the form, they would write to my GP.

I waited three weeks. I went to my GP. They hadn't heard a word from ATOS or the DWP. So I've filled in the form,noting the distress the process is causing and all but begging them to ring my GP who will beg them to leave me alone, but I'm holding out no hope.

Next May I should be qualifying as a social worker and with a bit of luck working and paying tax. However if my benefit is stopped in the meantime that's the end, and after all this work and stress and time I'll have to quit and take any job I can get. I've already had a career loan which I hafd to live solely on last year when my IB and DLA were stopped, I can't continue without my income. How's that for encouraging people back to work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28747 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:IB50 three months after winning appeal.
Hi Emma
Keep strong, don't give up, you have done so well getting this far, next May is just a few months away, one day at a time don't let all you have achieved be taken away, keep going only a short time and what a great social worker you will be with your insight and experience and will be so needed in the future you will make such a difference to people who will need you.
Big hug to you, dont give up, use all that strength that have got you this far to take you all the way

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 6 months ago #28757 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:IB50 three months after winning appeal.
Hi Emma, Please get face to face advice, also go and see your MP with all your paperwork. You are doing what this coaalition want you to do and being treated like this for trying. Best Wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.