× Members

Tribunals service making me re-think claim.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28740 by Doris
I spoke to the Tribunals office during April 2010 and was told I was on the priority list to receive copies of my evidence by August with an appeal date to follow in September. ( 1st appeal was adjourned ). I received copies of my evidence in September, but I also had to provide the Tribunals Service with a further four pages of evidence that had recently come to light.

Because I sent in four pages of evidence to the Tribunals Office, my appeal has been held up six months! I'm going to the back of the queue due to the administration of photocopying four pages of evidence. The TS are now saying it will take until March until the evidence is sent out to all parties and then possibly April/May 2011 for my appeal date ( that will be 3 years in total ).

New appeals are being heard by the dozens during the time I've waiting, but because I've had my first hearing there is apparently no rush.I now have to seriously consider if it's worth persevering with this claim. I'm going to have a long talk with my family about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28749 by Derek4
Hi Doris

I understand how distressing and frustrating it must be having your appeal put off for so long. However, any appeal is worth fighting for.

I'm sure one of the reasons the DWP are so trigger happy when stopping peoples benefits is that they know a percentage of claimants will not appeal or give up. I would encourage you to persevere with the appeal as long as you are able to.

Best wishes

Derek

More
13 years 6 months ago #28764 by Doris
DepressedDerek wrote:

Hi Doris

I understand how distressing and frustrating it must be having your appeal put off for so long. However, any appeal is worth fighting for.

I'm sure one of the reasons the DWP are so trigger happy when stopping peoples benefits is that they know a percentage of claimants will not appeal or give up. I would encourage you to persevere with the appeal as long as you are able to.

Best wishes

Derek

Derek I understand your sentiments.

I fully understand the governments approach and was well aware the DWP were going to treat me like a circus animal jumping through hoops. I've been involved in a supporting role helping friends DLA claims in recent years and knew exactly what I was going up against.

But the minute I got my MP involved over the DWP's poor handling of the claim, I've had barriers go up that even two WRO's have not experienced before. I know the Tribunals Service are under a large workload, but I know of many cases like mine where the photocopying and distribution of evidence paperwork is taking around 6 to 12 weeks with a following appeal date only a further 4 weeks away. I've waited a year from 1st appeal for the Tribunals Service to photocopy and send my emp report and now I'm having to wait a further six months for the TS to photocopy four pages and post them out . How long the appeal date will be is anyone's guess.

It will be nearly 3 years soon and the stress is not only on me but also my family. I think my family deserve a break from all this. The government can chalk up another victory, because I really want to hold on to what little dignity I have left ( which is pretty low at the moment ).

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #28792 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Tribunals service making me re-think claim.
If it's going to take a few months to get to a tribunal, you have time to sit back and do something else with your time and then see if you've got more energy nearer the time.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.