× Members

Quoting from DWP handbooks?

More
13 years 6 months ago #28766 by Gordon
Quoting from DWP handbooks? was created by Gordon
I want to include a quote from the "Training & Development ESA Handbook", however, I cannot find this document on any government website, although it appears on several disability sites such as B&W.

Does anybody have an opinion as to whether it is OK to use it as a reference?

Thanks

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #28783 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Quoting from DWP handbooks?
cant see any reason not to

as long as you say what book and page number in the document also date of publication

also if you do make sure its an up to date copy

More
13 years 6 months ago #28788 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Quoting from DWP handbooks?
The problem with not being able to find it on a government site is not being able to confirm that I have the latest version!

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Dippypud
13 years 6 months ago #28793 by Dippypud
Replied by Dippypud on topic Re:Quoting from DWP handbooks?
Hi Steve,

is it this you wish to quote from:

Training and Development ESA Handbook (MED-ESAHB-001)

Regards, Pud

• Dippypud
13 years 6 months ago #28801 by Dippypud
Replied by Dippypud on topic Re:Quoting from DWP handbooks?
Hi Steve,
or you could try:
www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/length_of_induction_training_for

and see if you can get you info from the horses mouth.

Regards, Pud

More
13 years 6 months ago #28813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Quoting from DWP handbooks?

is it this you wish to quote from:

Training and Development ESA Handbook (MED-ESAHB-001)

Yes it is, The references at the end suggest that it is an ATOS document, but chasing the link from your second comment it appears it may have been provided by the DWP.

I have also found a link on the DWP site to what may be the same document, but it is broken and I can't find it in the archive.

My concern is if this is not public domain, then quoting from it could cause problems, I'm sure it's unlikely that anyone will want to know where it came from but if I can avoid it, I would prefer to.

The section in question is about the WCA and taking "reasonable regularity" into account when performing the tests. I have several other quotes that cover it, but this is acttually the most descriptive and therefore of most use. :(

Steve

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.