× Members

DLA new application v renewal?

• Daisy May
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28861 by Daisy May
DLA new application v renewal? was created by Daisy May
Hi

I've been receiving DLA at the higher rate for mobility and lower rate for the care component, for the past 2 years and my award is due to end in Feb 2011. I've just received a new application pack rather than a 'renewal' and wondered if this was usual, having never renewed before? Should I call DWP to ask for a renewal pack in preference or does everyone have to complete a full application again at renewal? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 6 months ago #28862 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA new application v renewal?
Daisy May wrote:

Hi

I've been receiving DLA at the higher rate for mobility and lower rate for the care component, for the past 2 years and my award is due to end in Feb 2011. I've just received a new application pack rather than a 'renewal' and wondered if this was usual, having never renewed before? Should I call DWP to ask for a renewal pack in preference or does everyone have to complete a full application again at renewal? Any advice would be gratefully received, thank you :)

its the same form they treat it as a new claim so make sure you send copies of everything you sent last time plus copies of all new reports you have

just becasue you got certain rates last time ..... there is no saying what if anything they will award this time :angry:

• Caroline Rogers
13 years 6 months ago #28867 by Caroline Rogers
Replied by Caroline Rogers on topic Re:DLA new application v renewal?
Yep, same thing has happened to me. I should re-new now for January 2011, and have had a new claim pack.

I don't want to ring, they scare me to death!

More
13 years 6 months ago #28871 by james1959
Replied by james1959 on topic Re: DLA new application v renewal?
Hi iam a member and i have just got the same papers sent to me on saturday morning,my award finishes in feb2011 as i have been on it for the last 2 years,i did try to have my one reviewed last november but was to;d that this could result in me having it stoped so i let it go.I will now be more prepaired to follow the advice that is available from our site and hopefully i may be rewarded it again or even better still it may get increased,we can only try,

• karene50
13 years 6 months ago #28873 by karene50
Replied by karene50 on topic Re:DLA new application v renewal?
Hi.

Am in the same boat mines due in february and i have just received the new 4 page version.

Karen x

More
13 years 6 months ago #28877 by Storm287
Replied by Storm287 on topic Re:DLA new application v renewal?
Karen,

Sorry if I am telling you somthing you already know, but be careful with the short form and read the advice on the site about how to complete it and what else to do, the short form gives them more opotunatey to give you nothing.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.