× Members

DLA 580 - best supporting evidence form my GP?

• bill2005
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28875 by bill2005
My DLA is up renewal in Jan 2011 and i've been sent a four page DLA 580 form which does not give me a chance to present any evidence because my situation hasn't changed. However i have got alot of support from my GP and have been advised by Citizens Advice to get him to write a supporting letter. Any idea what my GP should say in his letter to give me a fighting chance? Many thanks....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nicdav
13 years 6 months ago #28882 by Nicdav
I would have hoped your GP or Hospital can advise you themselves. My own GP filled in my form for me some years ago and I have got DLA for a indefinite period. Failing that have a word with your local Citizen advise bureau. I would hope that all genuine cases would be dealt with favorably, mind you after today's debacle in Birmingham, one can see this and these benefit changes being retracted or u turned quite a bit over the coming months. one would suggest you also bombard your Local MP with your concerns about your respective illness. good luck

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #28889 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA 580 - best supporting evidence form my GP?
bill wrote:

My DLA is up renewal in Jan 2011 and i've been sent a four page DLA 580 form which does not give me a chance to present any evidence because my situation hasn't changed. However i have got alot of support from my GP and have been advised by Citizens Advice to get him to write a supporting letter. Any idea what my GP should say in his letter to give me a fighting chance? Many thanks....

If you wish there is nothing preventing you completing the full DLA claim form, and requesting the DLA Unit to treat it as a renewal claim. Claim forms can be downloaded from HERE.

Citizens Advice Bureau are offering sound advice in asking that you try and obtain a supporting letter from your GP. Unfortunately, it is not possible to say what your GP should include in the letter without knowing the full facts of your case, and indeed it would be most unwise to offer advice in this respect. You can however seek assistance from the guides in the DLA resources section.

Finally, it is not recommended that you use your full email address as your username in an open forum, otherwise you may receive unwanted junk mail (spam). In order to change your username you will need to contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to ask for it to be changed.

(Edited to remove Bill's email address from quote. Survivor.)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by .

• bill2005
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #28969 by bill2005
Many thanks, i will consult the CAB again.

More
13 years 6 months ago #28971 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA 580 - best supporting evidence form my GP?
Hi Bill,

I've changed your display name - contact the email CD hgave you if you'd like a different one.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.