× Members

dla supersession turned over at reconsideration

More
13 years 6 months ago #29189 by kefkat
Absolutely overwhelmed in joyous shock and all else. We have finally got my husband DLA award upgraded. I couldn't find the previous posting I did on this back in August on what I called the post DLA lottery so hence new post with outcome I believe proving once again the lottery involved with claiming DLA.

My Husband super session was left at the original lower rate of care. We then asked for a reconsideration before appeal. The reconsideration has overturned the decision and my Husband has been awarded and back dated high rate mobility and high rate care.
So it is worth keeping going and keeping going. This site has been an immense help over the past 3 years. So for all of you who are dispondant just keep going. We have had to do 2 appeals before this to get my husband DLA and also now the supersession reconsideration and have finally got my husband entitlement so keep going all of you, you will get their in the end.

As I said in my previous post on this even putting the correct information in the forms doesn't mean they get it right so keep on keeping on and good luck to you all.

Strictly speaking I should also look to a supersession on mine as my health has deteriated alot since the original award however we are letting sleeping dogs lie on mine at the moment as I am on middle and low rates of care and mobility and will proberly look at a supersession on mine next year

Thank you again to Steve and you all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #29202 by Jeff1
Hi Kefkat,Well done on getting your awards like you say if use the guides on this site and supply as much medical evidence as possible they do still have some DMs with commonsense. Best Wishes

More
13 years 6 months ago #29209 by lulu
Kefkat
So good to hear such great news, bet you both shall sleep tonight !

• Dippypud
13 years 6 months ago #29216 by Dippypud
Hi Kefkat,

Well done, it's so nice to hear some good news today.

Regards, Pud

More
13 years 6 months ago #29231 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re: dla supersession turned over at reconsideration
Hi Kefkat,

What an excellent result - and without having to attend a hearing too.

Well done and thank you for sharing it with us.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Taffy
13 years 6 months ago #29233 by Taffy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.