× Members

GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!

More
13 years 6 months ago #29246 by kefkat
Replied by kefkat on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
The majority of GP's will do the letter for the benefits. They will usually charge you and if you are willing to pay that charge you won't have a problem. It is usually £20-00 for the letter however we have always found them worth every penny though I suggest when you get it you make a few copies of it so you have it for other agencies you may need it for

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29264 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
:( Hi, unfortunately my GP explained that they do not write letters unless asked for by the agencies involved and none had requested a letter. He did say that I can tell the Appeal court that he would be willing to write one if they requested it. He has also agreed to read the medical notes from ATOS if I get a copy to him. I must admit I am feeling incredibly low. He is a lovely man and knows me very well and I know he will help if he can but I don't know what to ask him to do, if anything.
Rachel

• RachelPotter
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #29265 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi, I am confused; what am I asking the doctor to write? My GP told me today that they only reply to requests from the agencies involved, that the surgery doesnt prempt by writing directly. Please could you explain further if possible, I'd really appreciate the advice,
Rachel

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #29266 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
A couple of thoughts.

Might he be willing to write something if you showed him the descriptors you think are relevant and the scores you got for them and ask him if he'd write a report addressing those specific issues?

Maybe he'd be more willing if you offered to pay him privately to do it? GPs are only contracted to reply to requests for info from the DWP etc., not to give patients letters/reports, so he may be reluctant to set a precedent of doing unpaid work but may be willing to do it privately.

Failing that, could you afford an opinion from a private doctor?

Or could you get a referral to a hospital doctor, who may be willing to write a report?

More
13 years 6 months ago #29267 by Katykat
Replied by Katykat on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Hi, my Dr has just charged me £10 for a letter of support. I was also charged £10 for copies of my test results when I launched my appeal. This appeal is becoming rather expensive.

• jules Baggs
13 years 6 months ago #29269 by jules Baggs
Replied by jules Baggs on topic Re:GP letter for ESA appeal, please help!
Rachel, I don't know if this helps but my GP's letter was in response to a written request from the CAB. Your GP probably doesn't understand the system, or he would see that the Tribunal are not going to write to him and neither are the DWP, because they are being very smug about their ATOS "experts" and actually would very much prefer not to pay you ESA so they are certainly not going to help. Why not give the CAB a call (find their local number on the www) and ask them?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.