× Members

ESA Tribunal Success

More
13 years 5 months ago #31320 by metrology
Replied by metrology on topic Re: ESA Tribunal Success
When you say try to find representation,who do you suggest,how did you find yours.
Romac

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mdonna 24
13 years 5 months ago #31326 by mdonna 24
Replied by mdonna 24 on topic Re: ESA Tribunal Success
Congratulations and very well done,everyone with a successful appeal gives hope to us all, Good luck and thanks for a little bit of sunshine.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32384 by carol d
Replied by carol d on topic Re:ESA Tribunal Success
Congratulations on your appeal but just a note of warning!!! I received 6 points from my original Atos medical assessment in June last year which I appealed and also won. My tribunal was held in April of this year and the judge ruled in my favour and put me in the support group also using the exceptional circumstances rule 29(b. I was overjoyed at this, but within three months the DWP contacted me again asking me to fill out the dreaded ESA50 Medical Questionnaire. I used all the guides from this website but still had to attend another medical last week. I am awaiting the results!!!! Carol

More
13 years 5 months ago #32388 by carol d
Replied by carol d on topic Re:ESA Tribunal Success, But note of Warning
Congratulations to all members that have won recent appeals.I would however note a warning!!! I received 6 points from my original Atos medical assessment in June last year which I appealed and also won. My tribunal was held in April of this year and the judge ruled in my favour and put me in the support group also using the exceptional circumstances rule 29(b.He also apologised to me for all the stress and strain I had been put through by having to attend the tribunal. I was overjoyed at this, but within three months the DWP contacted me again asking me to fill out the dreaded ESA50 Medical Questionnaire. I used all the guides from this website but still had to attend another medical last week. I am awaiting the results!!!! So just when you think you have been vindicated at appeal the process starts all over again. Carol :(

More
13 years 5 months ago #32392 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:ESA Tribunal Success, But note of Warning
A lot of people think the 'Support Group' is a safe harbour from further harrassment, and one newspaper this weekend claimed the support group is where those who ' can never work again' are placed.

However, it is always feasible to be reviewed again, and 'prognosis advice' on the support group claimant is provided by the ATOS clinician, to the Decision Maker.

Many MPs are presently 'comforted ' by the thought that ESA reforms to time limit contribution based ESA will not apply to 'support group' cases. Yet almost all MPs do not know the criteria, or that only 5 per cent get into the support group, many of those only on appeal and often when initially they had been awarded zero points.

• RachelPotter
13 years 5 months ago #32394 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA Tribunal Success, But note of Warning
Hi Carol, that is really horrid for you and I wish you all the best with the outcome. Thankyou for telling people about it, it's much better to be informed, even when it's bad news. Fingers crossed you will pass the medical and wont have to appeal.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.