× Members

MIP reduction

• burmagirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #30940 by burmagirl
MIP reduction was created by burmagirl
Other than Mm's thread, I haven't seen much recently on the forum about the reduction in Mortgage Interest Payments. Have most people not been affected?

I eventually received a letter from the DWP on Monday and find I have to pay £96 p.w. towards the interest on my mortgage. This is slightly more than my DLA, and I guess we can use that to pay the interest - but at the expense of my petrol, car insurance and other necessities.

On Mm's thread I noted someone had posted that she was aware of people who had successfully appealed against the reduction. Can anyone advise on how I might go about appealing, and also why an exception would be made; is it based on your mortgage rate being significantly higher than the BoE base rate, for instance?

TIA

Ren

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• burmagirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #31206 by burmagirl
Replied by burmagirl on topic Re: MIP reduction
Has no-one else been affected, or taken advice from anywhere on this?

Ren

More
13 years 6 months ago #31250 by tommo
Replied by tommo on topic Re: MIP reduction
Yes me... But have no idea how to claim !!

• burmagirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #31364 by burmagirl
I have found the post - it mentions 'special circumstances'. I wonder if it possible to post a message for a member, does anyone know?

Ren

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago #31467 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re: MIP reduction
burmagirl wrote:

I have found the post - it mentions 'special circumstances'. I wonder if it possible to post a message for a member, does anyone know?

Ren

Hi,

Sadly for technical reasons the ability to send a personal message (PM) to another B&W member has had to be removed.

If you wish to send a message to a member and it is an important 'one off' you could e-mail the site owner, Steve Donnison at:

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and ask if he may forward the message on. This way it does not compromise your or the recipients e-mail addresses and it is upto the recipient whether to respond or not.

Please only use this facility for important messages as Steve is very busy and it is not be used just as a general mesage handling service.

Pete

• burmagirl
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #31589 by burmagirl
Thanks Pete

Ren

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.