× Members

Income Based ESA

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #31353 by denni
Income Based ESA was created by denni
Do you only get ESA at the assessment rate if you are claiming Income Based ESA ? I was on incapacity benefit before till it was stopped ,but it wasnt income based. Thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #31359 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Income Based ESA
denni wrote:

Do you only get ESA at the assessment rate if you are claiming Income Based ESA ? I was on incapacity benefit before till it was stopped ,but it wasnt income based. Thankyou

The rates of ESA are the same whether you are on income based or contributions based. The only difference is that ESA(IB) is affected by capital and income, whereas ESA(CB) isn't.

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #31363 by denni
Replied by denni on topic Re:Income Based ESA
Thankyou survivor.I dont understand why i cant get it. I am waiting for my appeal date, sent all relevant forms paper work, medical statements etc. I was told to start a new claim for ESA which i have done sent form in and had a letter saying they cannot pay me ESA as i have not paid enough or been credited with enough National Insurance Contributions.

More
13 years 5 months ago #31368 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Income Based ESA
Hi Denni

I think you take the letters they gave you to an independent advisor, as it is not unknown for the DWP to give incorrect advice.

As far as I can tell, if you were on income-based ESA you should be able to claim ESA at the assessment rate while the appeal is pending, without making a fresh claim.

Best wishes

Derek

• denni
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #31375 by denni
Replied by denni on topic Re:Income Based ESA
Hi Derek i was on ESA(CB).When you say independant advisor , do you mean like someone from the Citizans Advise. Many Thanks

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #31377 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Income Based ESA
denni wrote:

Hi Derek i was on ESA(CB).When you say independant advisor , do you mean like someone from the Citizans Advise. Many Thanks

Yes. See here for more details of how to find an adviser. www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/faq/general

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.