× Members

esa medical result

• tinkerbell
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #31384 by tinkerbell
esa medical result was created by tinkerbell
Recd result with all ur help i have been put into the working category on esa i had to wait four wks for medical result my review is in march around there would u be able to tell me what a review is i will be going on pathways interviews i have a letter from my nurse to say i am not ready to go out to work as yet would you suggest i take this to pathways with me i dont know how many points i got can i request this from jobcentre plus thank u so much for ur support from the forum i am still under a pain neurologist i havent got the use of my arm due to having lymph nodes taken out from head and neck cancer and i am now waiting to see a counsellor over my depression and my letter from my mcmillan nurse stating i am not ready for work as yet many thanks forum :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #33535 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:esa medical result
Hi Tinkerbell,

I'm really sorry you haven't had a reply sooner - I've just been going back through posts now that the mad rush following the spending review has died down.

A review is when they look again to see if you still meet the criteria for your award of ESA. The DWP will probably send you another ESA50 to complete as a first step.

Yes, you can ask for a copy of your medical report and your scoresheet from the office that sent you the decision.

You can ask to have your pathways interviews put off for a while if you don't think you are well enough to attend, although tehre's no certainty that they will agree.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• alwaysunlucky
13 years 4 months ago #34102 by alwaysunlucky
Replied by alwaysunlucky on topic Re:esa medical result
Hi Tinkerbell

I was also put in this group - I then got a letter to attend to a place that was an RBLI office (Royal British Legion!).

I've been a few times but talking about work, as I've had to do, causes me great distress, so - in the end, they wrote to my doctor to ask if it was ok to have me to sessions(!!) - they paid for this, then my dr said to defer, then the chap I was seeing left and a new chap took over who I told I couldn't go to the office, so he said he'd look into it and call me back, I then got a letter with an appointment! I'm scared to go out on my own, so I rang the tel' no' on the letter, which took me through to their head office! They said it'd be fine for me to do the appointments on the tel! Great I thought, had the first, he sent a form out for me to sign with stuff on that we hadn't discussed but I thought "what the hell" and signed it.
Got a letter for the next app' - a month later - he didn't ring. I rang them, got the HO again, who rang another office (the way this lot works is mad!) who then rang me asking what I wanted?!!!
Finally the young man rang me, no apology about not ringing, just asked how I was and said he'd send me something in the post?!!
I think they've realised that I'm not up to much at present, so are not pushing me into doing too much but I don't like the way they are doing this. I've been so put off the RBLI, by all of this, that I will not be buying a poppy this year or ever giving to them again as they are being paid by the government for doing all this but are lying through their teeth and not actually doing anything to help me at all. :angry:

I do hope you appointments go ok, but if you are not well enough, ask if you can do it over the phone, if you can manage that or tell them to write to your GP for a report on your condition and when your GP thinks you may be able to do these! So it's not all doom and gloom!

I think you have to have 5 appointments, just to keep the DWP happy!!!

Good luck!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.