× Members

ESA a question - War Pension

• originaldave
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #31424 by originaldave
ESA a question - War Pension was created by originaldave
On Radio 4 just now they said if you get ESA (and sick) after a year its means tested and if you have income of more than £90 a week you will lose it.

So do they when carrying out the adding up of your income count War pension ( they did say partners income taken into account).
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by . Reason: Changed title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #31425 by
Replied by on topic Re: ESA a question - War Pension
Yes, they would take into account part of it, but I can't remember if it's £10 or all but £10, so I've changed the title of the thread in the hope that Pete, our moderator with knowledge of war pensions, will spot it.

• pete17971
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #31451 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA a question - War Pension
Dave wrote:

On Radio 4 just now they said if you get ESA (and sick) after a year its means tested and if you have income of more than £90 a week you will lose it.

So do they when carrying out the adding up of your income count War pension ( they did say partners income taken into account).

Hi Dave,

With my War Pensions Committee hat on, I have written a paper on this very subject (plus one or two others) which I will be speaking to at a meeting I am attending in London early next month.

I have also submitted papers on issues around AFCS/WPS and the 'benefits cap' plus a few other issues which have come to light.

Pete

p.s. many thanks Survivor
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by pete17971. Reason: spelling

• originaldave
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #31453 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA a question - War Pension
pete17971 wrote:

Dave wrote:

Hi Dave,

With my War Pensions Committee hat on, I have written a paper on this very subject (plus one or two others) which I will be speaking to at a meeting I am attending in London early next moth.

I have also submitted papers on issues around AFCS/WPS and the 'benefits cap' plus a few other issues which have come to light.

Pete

? and the answer is ? :P

• pete17971
13 years 5 months ago #31456 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA a question - War Pension
Dave wrote:

pete17971 wrote:

Dave wrote:

Hi Dave,

With my War Pensions Committee hat on, I have written a paper on this very subject (plus one or two others) which I will be speaking to at a meeting I am attending in London early next moth.

Pete

? and the answer is ? :P

We are on the case!!

Pete

13 years 5 months ago #31457 by
Replied by on topic Re:ESA a question - War Pension
:D

I've taken the liberty of copying this from a reply by Pete to someone else. I'm sure he won't mind.

"It depends on wether you claim Contribution Based ESA or Income Related ESA.

In the former, your actual War Pension is not included, but your AFPS pension can be taken into account if over the £85.00 per week. However if it is a SIP/SAP may be treated differently.

On Income Based ESA, both War Pension and AFPS pension are taken into account (but have a £10 disregard).

Certain War Pension Supplements are also taken into account, some are not, and just to be diferent, Allowance for Lowered Standard of Occupation (ALSO) is not taken into account in Contribution Based ESA claculations if the ALSO was claimed before April 2009, but if claimed after April 2009 it cannot be paid at the same time as any ESA.

It is worth seeking face to face advice from such as the RBL or Veterans Welfare Service who can go through your claims in depth to see what is what, particularly if anyone is claiming under the newer Armed Forces Compensation Scheme as it gets even more complex."

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.