× Members

Up all night worrying.

• tazman
13 years 6 months ago #31896 by tazman
Replied by tazman on topic Re:Up all night worrying.
I think there is a large chunk of truth in that. The more of us slip off to heaven (or not) the happier they will be. That's a big reason to stay here!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• T.G.
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #31906 by T.G.
Replied by T.G. on topic Re:Up all night worrying.
(Edited - quote from edited post removed.)

I am so sorry that you are feeling so low and I can totally understand why you feel things are hopeless at the moment. I agree with what Michael said here:-

"It also needs to be remembered that legislation will have to be introduced first before the measures come into effect. Thus, the Commons and the Lords will make changes."

Hold on to the hope that what is being proposed, is effectively the end of working age contributory entitlement and common sense dictates that it should be stopped in it's tracks.

Have you considered, that when your savings drop below £16000 and you have no other income that you should be able to claim IR ESA. In my experience the future is never as bleak as our fear of it. Take care.
Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by Survivor.

More
13 years 6 months ago #32051 by pamela
Replied by pamela on topic Re:Up all night worrying.
i have been dazed ever since tuesdays announcement,have been barely able to sleep let alone eat.

once my savings have fallen below £16000 i will claim for ESA IR and if i cannot get that then i hope JSA still pay the disability premiums and i get help with my council tax
beware though that we have not to spend money in order to claim,such as buying big TVS,having work done on the house,[uneccessary].in future i will have things done like this and ask the company to put on the reciept why it necessary to have this done and keep it with a load of other reciepts to send to JCP when they demand to know what the money as gone on.
what i would like to know is if we are to live off our savings how much per year will they consider reasonable to spend will it be the ESA rate and if we spend more will they say you've overspent and therefore had your money therefore not entiltled to any benefit yet.

• Survivor
13 years 6 months ago #32052 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Up all night worrying.
I think that you can spend more than the ESA rate, but only if you can justify it. I've come across people who've spent part of their savings and have been told by the DWP that it's down to the decision maker to determine whether spending is reasonable or not.

Not long ago, I tried to find out more about this for someone else, but couldn't find any sort of detailed guidance or list as to what was considered reasonable, even one drawn up by other organisations, with the sole exception of Age UK saying that funeral bonds were considered a reasonable expenditure.

Maybe someone else here knows of some guidance on it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.