× Members

Problems with ESA after winning Appeal

• Victim of ESA
13 years 5 months ago #32311 by Victim of ESA
Replied by Victim of ESA on topic Re:Problems with ESA after winning Appeal
PS Crazydiamond,

You provide a lifeline on here and I hope you realise that you may actually be really saving peoples lives.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32313 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Problems with ESA after winning Appeal
Hi Victim of ESA

Every time I call JCP I get a message warning me that the call is being recorded for training purposes, but perhaps it is them that need the warning!

Well done for not allowing them to bully you, and good luck with your complaint/appeal.

Derek

• RachelPotter
13 years 5 months ago #32314 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Problems with ESA after winning Appeal
Hi Victim of ESA,
You should be really proud of yourself! And I am so grateful to people like you for your courage. I hope everything goes smoothly for you now.
Best wishes,
Rachel

• Victim of ESA
13 years 5 months ago #32318 by Victim of ESA
Thank you so much you probably vastly underestimate how good that makes me feel. I became ill in part through being bullied in the workplace although I didn't recognise it at first. The long term effects of trying to stand up for myself against a global giant protecting their reputation have caused some of my health problems I will never give in to bullying. We all have rights we just sometimes need support to have the strength to use them.

• Victim of ESA
13 years 5 months ago #32805 by Victim of ESA
Round 2:

They have now found a new reason to not pay, I have received a letter saying they may have made overpayments and are witholding my benefit because of this. They claim they are witholding contribution based ESA but I am and have been for the last 10 months receiving income related ESA.

What next?

I was contacted about my written complaint and they promised to look into it but I have not heard back from them as yet.

The bullying continues......

More
13 years 5 months ago #32833 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:Problems with ESA after winning Appeal
Hi VoE,

It does sound like it's time you got your MP involved.

Consider writing a letter of complaint to your MP just briefly setting out the facts and asking them to look into the treatment you have received from the DWP and send a copy to the Customer Services Manager of your local JC+ so that they know your MP is involved.

You may find it makes a rapid difference to the way you are treated.

Good luck.

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.