× Members

EXPERIENCES WITH GETTING SICK/FIT NOTES

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #32710 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:EXPERIENCES WITH GETTING SICK/FIT NOTES
papasmurf wrote:

DepressedDerek wrote:

ESA is a very cleverly named benefit. When I told my GP that I am claiming ESA, he asked me if it is a sickness benefit, or a benefit that requires me to look for work.

That is the heart of the problem it is both.

ESA does not require you to look for work. In most cases, it requires you to attend interviews to discuss why you can't work, why you are not likely to be able to work in the near future, why you are unable to undertake activities that would help you back into work if you were able to work or undertake the activities in the first place, and how you can manage your health conditions, which could be useful but has no relation to looking for work.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Derek4. Reason: grammar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.