× Members

esa appeal allowed!

• rappa
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #32924 by rappa
esa appeal allowed! was created by rappa
Hi, have been on esa for 15mths,got 9 points for arm problem non for my back, wrote to dwp telling them not able to get to appeal on 18th oct, I have now found myself small job to feel worthy again and pay my bills! and lo and behold this morning 29th oct a letter from social security appeal division, The appeal is Allowed! given 15 points tribunal went no further as threshold met! am entitled to activity component from 14th week 6/4/2010. As i have signed off on 13th of this month I am entitled to back pay of higher allowance. the Dwp do not get a copy of the decision for 12weeks at this moment so will send copy off today. many thanks to this forum for help and advice , will be starting job next week ( over allowable hours) but great success over dwp ruling. without going to tribunal so dont give up is the messege, all the best Rappa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #32925 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:esa appeal allowed!
Congratulations Rappa

Thanks for letting us all know, and good luck with your new job also.

Derek

More
13 years 5 months ago #32929 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:esa appeal allowed!
Great news and remember if your health falters there are linking rules that would enable you to go back on benefit as you were. Hopefully it won't come to it

But remember, if you work a sufficient number of hours, you may be able to claim disability workking tax credit too if your disability puts you at a disadvantage in the work place. Think about it

More
13 years 5 months ago #32935 by carole
Replied by carole on topic Re:esa appeal allowed!
Great news Rappa lots of luck with the job

Carole :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• rappa
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #32948 by rappa
Replied by rappa on topic Re:esa appeal allowed!
thanks to you all! hopefully they will give me the back pay ,they say it has to go to decision maker as i signed myself off but, hey ho, I won the day anyway!

More
13 years 4 months ago #33924 by julesg
Replied by julesg on topic Re:esa appeal allowed!
Well done, I had also started work when I won my appeal. It took them a while to get back pay but it was paid. Do apply for Working tax credit, I've been awarded £88 a week even though I have above average wage, it's crazy as that is nearly as much as my benefit became and in fact more than I got whilst claiming as the appeal took so long.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.