× Members

Won ESA Appeal but DWP saying Appeal Disallowed

• Peter Davies
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #33046 by Peter Davies
Replied by Peter Davies on topic Re:Won ESA Appeal but DWP saying Appeal Disallowed
Have written to the Customer Service Manager as suggested and have enclosed copies of all my evidence as presented to the Tribunal with the question "do you really think that having seen all this lot and having issued a decision notice as above the appeal would be disallowed?"

I have also said that I will be looking to make a claim for financial redress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #33049 by DRAGON2009
What was the error in the decision notice in the first place ?

• Peter Davies
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #33709 by Peter Davies
Replied by Peter Davies on topic Re:Won ESA Appeal but DWP saying Appeal Disallowed
Well, after a lot of phone calls and the letter of complaint, it is finally sorted.

They have accepted that the Appeal was Allowed, put me in the Support Group AND decided I am entitled to an Enhanced Disability Premium!

Arrears (far more than I was expecting as well) will be in my account by the weekend.

Thanks to all for your advice!

More
13 years 4 months ago #33710 by DRAGON2009
Christmas came early, what good news gives you some peace of mind

Excellent

More
13 years 4 months ago #33712 by micksville
Great news for you just goes to show its always worth complaining and stick at it. I had a similar experience when awarded middle rate care last year in addition to my long standing HRM. The awrd said middle rate care and described middle rate care but gave low rate amount. Took several letters and calls to sort it as DWP staff are devoid of common sense more often than not.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 4 months ago #33765 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:Won ESA Appeal but DWP saying Appeal Disallowed
That's great news Peter. Well done for your perseverance in getting justice.

Jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.