× Members

Appeal and Work Focused Interview

More
13 years 4 months ago #33025 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
Hi Pusscat

It's OK to phone or email them but if they do decide to defer the interviews ask them to confirm it in writing.

I think it would be preferable to phone as they may want to ask you questions regarding why it would be difficult to attend.

Best wishes

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ches
13 years 4 months ago #33035 by Ches
Replied by Ches on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
Hi Pussycat,

Dont worry about the work focused interviews particulary after the first one which is done by jobcentre adviser. I wrote a detailed letter and asked the adviser to read it before the meeting started, this really helped give her an overview re appeal and other matters. After the first WFI you may go to a sub contractor like the Shaw Trust. They are over whelmed at minute and are using Cream and Parking methods with customers. So it is likely they will defer your next meeting for perhaps three months and then review things.

So dont worry best to attend if you can and perhaps take someone with you for support.

Take care

Ches :)

• Pusscat
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #33095 by Pusscat
Replied by Pusscat on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
Hi

Thanks for all the advice. Think I might drop them a line and see if it can be deferred until appeal decision is made. To be honest I'm not well enough to attend the meetings anyway so this is something I think I'm going to have to do. I will explain as much as I can in the letter. If they decide they want to do it by phone, then that will be okay and I'll go with that but actually getting down to them for the meetings is a no-no for me.

Thanks

Pusscat

More
13 years 4 months ago #33097 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
what are 'cream and parking methods' ??? How intriguing what does it mean ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #33099 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
See the members news article below.

Creamed or parked on pathways?

More
13 years 4 months ago #33131 by Storm287
Replied by Storm287 on topic Re:Appeal and Work Focused Interview
Send the letter and a email, they will only try and claim that they never recived either of them

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.