× Members

Length of time of change!

More
13 years 5 months ago #33164 by lulu
Length of time of change! was created by lulu
Can anyone help me on how long you have to have had a change in circumstances before you notify the DLA Centre ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #33168 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Length of time of change!
There isn't a simple "x number of weeks" type answer to this.

It should be straight away, but, of course, most people's conditions aren't consistent every day, and it may take some while before it becomes apparent that there's been a change of circumstances. This can be particularly so if you have a condition that relapses and remits at erratic intervals, with better periods of weeks at a time.

On the other hand, if you have a condition that's fairly consistent and you have a new treatment/surgery that means that there is a difference once it's taken effect, then you'll know when the change has occurred.

More
13 years 5 months ago #33172 by lulu
Replied by lulu on topic Re: Length of time of change!
Hi Survivor
Thanks , I had gone blind in one eye and was awaiting an operation and had to wait 4 mths or so but operation made me permanently blind unfortunately in this eye hence change of circumstance. I did want to wait and see(how ironic) if I could get my sight back again ! :blink: But DLA have told me I did not let them know sooner, when I did, in fact write when from on application. The mind boggles :silly: :cheer: :silly:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.