× Members

unfit to work

• fingers
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #33330 by fingers
unfit to work was created by fingers
hi can anyone i am about to be made unfit to work , can anyone tell me what i have to once that happens i do not have a clue i have not claimed benefit before
thanks
john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #33336 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: unfit to work
Hi fingers.

Firstly, if you are in work, check out whether you may be entitled to sick pay. There's statutory sick pay and you may also be entitled to extra sick pay under your contract of employment. Unfortunately, we can't advise you on statutory sick pay here, but you could get advice from your union or an advice centre.

If you cannot get sick pay (or more sick pay) or if you are currently unemployed, then you need to get a sick note from your GP and claim ESA. You can claim it online or by telephone. www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/Fina...upport/esa/DG_172014

Before you claim, take a look at the guides to ESA in the help for claimants section (on the left of this page against a yellow background) so that you are familiar with the sort of information they want to know.

The guides also explain the procedures and what will happen next.

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #33341 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:unfit to work
fingers wrote:

hi can anyone i am about to be made unfit to work , can anyone tell me what i have to once that happens i do not have a clue i have not claimed benefit before
thanks
john

the big question is............... who says your unfit to work ? and what have you to support that ? is it works OT or Dr ? your GP or someone you have seen at Hospital ? by unfit to work is anyjob or something special ? are you a driver who cant drive anymore ? all this will make a differance as will the fact if you work full time or part time

• fingers
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #33343 by fingers
Replied by fingers on topic Re: unfit to work
thanks for the reply i am still getting paid at the moment that will stop once the company have made the desiction which will be soon
when i phone to apply fer esa do they automatically check for any other benefits i may be due
john

• Ranald
13 years 5 months ago #33350 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re: unfit to work
Hi Fingers.
Are you in receipt of DLA? If you are then you would qualify for a disability premium, i myself receive Severe Disability Premium.

Here is a list of current benefit rates.

www.focusondisability.org.uk/brates-1.html

Ranald

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.