× Members

DLA Renewal - Good News or Bad?

• ibbet47
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #33507 by ibbet47
DLA Renewal - Good News or Bad? was created by ibbet47
I have applied for renewal of my higher rate mobility and higher rate of care due to primary lymphodema and chronic arthritis in both knees. I filled in short form with all details of deterioration plus doctors letter and latest checklist of medical details.

I have now had a letter saying they are writing to my physiotherapist. As he has only known me for a month my husband says he will not give a very helpful report.

Do you think this could be the forerunnr to bad news? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #33517 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re:DLA Renewal - Good News or Bad?
Hi,

It's impossible to say anything other than that the decision maker wants more evidence before reaching a decision.

It would be very much worth getting in touch with your new physio and giving them some more information about your needs, possibly using the health professionals sheet at the end of our DLA guides.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• millymoo
13 years 5 months ago #33521 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re:DLA Renewal - Good News or Bad?
Hi

It may be worth speaking to your physiotherapist and explain that DLA will be writing to them for a report. I would presume they would welcome more in depth informtion from you which will allow them to produce a positive report. You have nothing to lose by contacting your physio but an awful lot to gain.

Good luck
Mm :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #33522 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:DLA Renewal - Good News or Bad?
It is hard to kmow if the physio would give a helpful or unhelpful report. Your husband is engaging in speculation and one does not know until it 'comes to it' whether someone will be helpful or not. I have had negative impressions of healthcare professionals in the past (even one's employed by the DWP) only to find In was completely wrong

If your GP is empathatic to your health conditions and functional impairments and is prepared to write letters then that is excellent

Look in the DLA guides on this site and see the criteria for DLA and how it is
decided.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.