× Members

ESA Tribunal

• Lynn Ford
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #33508 by Lynn Ford
ESA Tribunal was created by Lynn Ford
I have been diagnosed with Neuropathic pain syndrome, I am unable to walk without a stick and then only for a few yards, I have had to buy all sorts of gadgets for the home as my hands are so painful, I am unable to do but the most lightest of housework and then suffer for it afterwards. I am on Gabapentin, Meloxicam and Nortriptyline but they make me drowsy, lethargic, feel sick and do not do much to ease the pain. I have come to terms with this and get on with it as best I can. Is this syndrome classed as a disability? I am unable to work and claimed ESA but was refused and was amazed as I already get DLA. I have now disputed their decision and have to attend a tribunal and am so distraught by it all. At my examination I scored 6, I have taken the test on this site and gave the same answers and scored 114. ??? I am so worried about the tribunal, I do not have any 'New' evidence to give to them and have no one to represent me; my partner is coming with me but for moral only as I am under the assumption that he is not allowed to speak. Any advice?[/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #33512 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Tribunal
Hi Lynn

The DWP must consider that you have a disability or you would not have scored points at the medical.

Please read the ESA appeal guide that you will find in the 'Help for claimants' section. You do have the right to take a witness to the tribunal and I am sure the tribunal would be interested to hear from your partner, as he will obviously have valuable evidence to give.

I would suggest that you tell the Clerk to the tribunal who will speak to you before the hearing, that your partner is present as a witness and you would like him to speak.

Also consider obtaining any supporting evidence from your GP to send to the tribunal, but don't worry if you can't. Jim, who's been a DLA tribunal member for many years has often said that most appeals are won as a result of what the appellant has to say at the tribunal, rather than addition evidence on paper.

Good luck

Derek
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Derek4. Reason: spelling

• Lynn Ford
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #35772 by Lynn Ford
Replied by Lynn Ford on topic Re:ESA Tribunal
Hi,

Just wanted to thank DEREK for his advice.

I have an ESA claim going on and am awaiting a date for my tribunal, since my original claim my heath has worsened and I have just read that should this occur it will not be taken into consideration at the tribunal and that I have to make a new claim. Is this the case?

Lynn

More
13 years 5 months ago #35786 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Tribunal
Hi Lynn

I'm afraid tribunals can't consider circumstances since the date of the adverse ESA decision. If you've made a new claim for ESA and have to attend a medical, your deterioration in health will of course be considered for your new claim.

Good luck with your appeal, I hope you don't have to wait too long for a hearing.

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.