× Members

ESA Renewal award no medical

More
13 years 5 months ago #33721 by lizzie_wa
ESA Renewal award no medical was created by lizzie_wa
I was first awarded ESA last year put in limited capability for work group with a reassessment in a year all following an Atos medical. Right on time after a year the great long ESA application form arrived from Atos for the reassessment, I filled it in, sent it off, I do know from what my GP has told me that the DWP/Atos wrote to him a couple of weeks ago. Today I received a letter from the DWP saying my ESA has been awarded - they didnt send me for a medical with Atos!, however, again I am in the limited capability for work section. This time they have put no date on the letter for renewal, however, I guess since I am on contributions based ESA as announced by the government. Has anyone else been put in limited capability for work at renewal without a medical and does anyone know when the contributions based ESA ends for those claiming longer than a year?

lizzie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #33725 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:ESA Renewal award no medical
Many people get renewed without a medical
and it was the same under IB

as for the time limit to ESA for contribution based members of the WRAG it would appear that it may possibly begin next year but it still has to be made law, which means we cannot know at this stage

You can ask for a copy of your medical scrutiny report which will briefly state the ATOS opinion and prognosis advice, even though they never examined you That might give you an idea of when they are likely to trouble you again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.