cut in benefits

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #34337 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:cut in benefits
flo1 wrote:

Dave wrote:

flo1 wrote:

XFACTOR wrote:

This site concerns itself with non means tested benefits, but my suggestion is have him visit the CAB or even go with him and ask them to establish what has happened and how this figute has been arrived at

I didn't realise that. Why is that?

I suspect because means tested benefits are an even bigger bag of worms than none means tested benefits

its hard enough working out who can have none means tested, the moment they look at another million reasons not to give you the money you could never give even basic advise to people , as you never know what income they have how much in the bank what pensions or who else is also supporting them in a partnership :woohoo: and another 1,000 reasons I have missed out

I'm sure, though, that anyone claiming, worrying about and asking advice on, IS would give this information freely. So I really don't see a problem.

but you cant give advice on means tested benefits without more information than most people would be willing to post on an open forum

that said there are two main reasons for the change reported

1. they have made a mistake and should not drop the amount, the mistake could be finger trouble pressing computer buttons to a miss understanding by one or the tther parties ie dwp or person claiming

2. the person has other income or savings that are now meaning they are not allowed as much support, or of course they are counting another persons savings or income.

Getting to the bottom of it could take ages :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #34341 by flo1
Replied by flo1 on topic Re:cut in benefits
Dave wrote:

flo1 wrote:

Dave wrote:

flo1 wrote:

XFACTOR wrote:

This site concerns itself with non means tested benefits, but my suggestion is have him visit the CAB or even go with him and ask them to establish what has happened and how this figute has been arrived at

I didn't realise that. Why is that?

I suspect because means tested benefits are an even bigger bag of worms than none means tested benefits

its hard enough working out who can have none means tested, the moment they look at another million reasons not to give you the money you could never give even basic advise to people , as you never know what income they have how much in the bank what pensions or who else is also supporting them in a partnership :woohoo: and another 1,000 reasons I have missed out

I'm sure, though, that anyone claiming, worrying about and asking advice on, IS would give this information freely. So I really don't see a problem.

but you cant give advice on means tested benefits without more information than most people would be willing to post on an open forum

that said there are two main reasons for the change reported

1. they have made a mistake and should not drop the amount, the mistake could be finger trouble pressing computer buttons to a miss understanding by one or the tther parties ie dwp or person claiming

2. the person has other income or savings that are now meaning they are not allowed as much support, or of course they are counting another persons savings or income.

Getting to the bottom of it could take ages :unsure:

Yes. I'm only too aware of how there is a heirarchy even within the disabled group though. And resentment. Those that managed enough work to pay enough N.I against those that didn't.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36778 by Dee
Replied by Dee on topic Re:cut in benefits
Just an update on my ex-partner. They have lost the change of circanstances form as he moved in Feb to a new sheltered housing place. When he rang they said they havent recieved the form they are sending another one to him and he will send it recorded delivery so that they have to sign for it.
Dee

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.