× Members

At what point do i panic

• Mike
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #34616 by Mike
At what point do i panic was created by Mike
I am on IB and DLA at the higher rate and have been since i had a Liver transplant in Nov 2006, i also have chronic back pain and disintegrating lower spine which I'm told is inoperable. Is there a point at which i have to start thinking about working (retraining) again very soon or do i just wait and see what surprise awaits me next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #34618 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: At what point do i panic
Personally, I've given up trying to see any logic in the decisions made by Atos and the DWP as to when someone is fit for work related activity or work, so I'd be surprised if anyone could tell you how long. Sorry not to be of more help.

• Stevie
13 years 5 months ago #34622 by Stevie
Replied by Stevie on topic Re:At what point do i panic
Personally Mike I would spend as much time as you can on this site and learn everything you can from the brilliant Mods and Posters on these forums.

Given that people with the most appalling conditions are being told they are fit for work, all you can do is know your subject.

Knowledge seems to be the only thing we have left to fight with (knowledge is power).

• Mike
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #34626 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Re: At what point do i panic
Thanks for the reply Survivor,do you know what happens when you are finally refused all help, do you, stop taking the mass of pain killers, or, go to work stoned from morphine and the rest of the medication taken to stop the pain, that would be like drink driving or under the infuence of drugs but at work and what if it resulted in someones DEATH, just a thought.

• Survivor
13 years 5 months ago #34631 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: At what point do i panic
Personally, I have a tendency to panic, because that is part of my condition, but even so, I think it wise to wait and see. Don't forget in relation to ESA the provisions relating to reliability and repeatability, so that if being on painkillers affects your ability to do something in the ESA test, that should be taken into account.

Hopefully, if at some point in the future you find yourself back in work, it will be in a job where being on your medication won't endanger you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.