× Members

dla moblity

• kelly
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #34652 by kelly
dla moblity was created by kelly
would it be wise to ask for current claim of mobility to be reviewed, my partners current award is low rate but he cant walk more than 40yrds without stopping due to fibromyalgia and severe pain, the gp says go for it hes willing to back him, has a cocktail of morphine, lyrica, metazapine and ibprofen,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 5 months ago #34656 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:dla moblity
kelly wrote:

would it be wise to ask for current claim of mobility to be reviewed, my partners current award is low rate but he cant walk more than 40yrds without stopping due to fibromyalgia and severe pain, the gp says go for it hes willing to back him, has a cocktail of morphine, lyrica, metazapine and ibprofen,

Hi,

Yes, you can ask for a review due to deterioration and thus increased needs.

However, in doing so, the DWP could review the whole claim (not just the mobility part)and there is a small chance he could lose what he has already been awarded.

For that reason, it is best practice to seek face to face help from an exprerienced adviser who can go through his claim in some depth and assess how 'safe' the current award is.

You can find details of how to find advisers in the FAQ section or the members area of this site.

Pete

More
13 years 5 months ago #34657 by DRAGON2009
Replied by DRAGON2009 on topic Re:dla moblity
on what basis is your partner receiving the low rate ? If that is a well founded and permanent problem it could mean your chances of losing the low rate are minimal. At least then you could try fgor the higher rate.

Best to see a local advice centre and go through it with them

• kelly
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #35528 by kelly
Replied by kelly on topic Re:dla moblity
as far as i am aware its due to mental health, partner also suffers from clinical depression with anxiety as well as fibromyalgia. OT have put in an additional stair rail , toilet rail and hearing aid compltiable smoke alarm she has also been in touch with stannah re:stairlift and has put in teh forms for a wet room due to increased needs by my partner

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #35533 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:dla moblity
kelly wrote:

I am no expert :) but before asking for a DLA review I would ask for a drug review as lyrica, metazapine don't always mix and they could (not saying they will just playing DA) say things are worse than they could be because of these drugs.

Even a doc working for DWP if asked to review paperwork should spot that, and ask questions which would not help the claim

* DA =devil's advocate

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.