× Members

appel won but 6mt later failed medical again!!

• cstewart
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #35234 by cstewart
i recetly won my e.s.a appeal in jan 2010,had recieved nil points, then cameout appel with 26.again in july was called up for another medical,recieved letter stating i got nil points.my condtion has not changed,if anything i am totally stressed right out,i,m appealing again.i hae been on the sick for twenty yr due to bad deppression and drug add.i also had to go through a apeal in march 2008,again came outthe appeal wiht 29points,although it was a other city.is,nt there a time limit on thes medicals as after all i only just got put into the work related group,i,m at my wits end,doc is still giving me sick lines as i have to send in while iappeal probaly have to wait another 10mth,can any one help,its making me ill all this.thanks,chic0141 g31. :( :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #35247 by Gordon
Sorry to hear that you are having to go through this process again, unfortunately successful tribunal decisions seem to have little affect on an ATOS medical report.

First, you really need to get proper advice, CAB or Welfare Rights.

It strikes me you need two things going forward; confirmation from your GP or consultant that your condition is unchanged or worse, and details of your previous successful appeal. I am assuming your can request a Statement of Reason even if you win the appeal, and this should explain exactly why the previous decision was overturned.

Hope this helps and good luck

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tb1uk
13 years 5 months ago #35251 by tb1uk
hi cstewart

did you ask the DWP how they came to giving you zero points?

ask they to look at your case again and

also, even though you won your appeal, did you ask for a staitment of reasons? it will say how they gave you 26 points. send a copy to the DWP when you ask them to look at your case again

More
13 years 5 months ago #35252 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:appel won but 6mt later failed medical again!!
The situation you have encountered is not uncommon.

A number of members have posted in the forum having been called in for a further medical assessment, shortly after winning their ESA appeal. However, if my memory serves me correctly I think this is the first post where having scored zero points on a claim to ESA, and then securing 26 points at an appeal tribunal, only to be reduced to zero points again at a further medical assessment.

The situation as described really exposes one of the many inefficiencies of ESA. Unfortunately you have no other option to appeal the adverse decision as you have done yet again, as there is nothing within the regulations which prevents the WCA being initiated at any time.

From a positive point of view, and I appreciate it is of little comfort to you at this present time, you can produce the results of the last appeal hearing which elevated you from zero to 26 points as evidence. If you argue that your condition has not changed from your last assessment or has deteriorated in the interim period, this may form the basis of the appeal.

If you haven't done so already, it may be worthwhile obtaining some medical evidence which supports your appeal. However, it will need to relate to the date when your subsequent ESA claim was disallowed. Furthermore, any evidence you give directly to the tribunal is equally as important as many appeals are won, (as may have been the case with your previous appeal), on the basis of what the appellant tells the tribunal at the oral hearing on the day.

I don't know if you were represented at your previous appeal hearing, but the use of a representative is always an option open to you?

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• cstewart
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #35606 by cstewart
thanx 4 your your help,i am planning to writ a letter statng my queries as to why i again have been took off mye.s.a.i would also like to say that i get the low rates of dla.i also have just found the lettr which my dr wrote last year this time for my tribunal,i am also going to se my lawyer on monday to find out how i got 26points in jan,i recently,last week explained to my dr what has happened,as i do plan to give my lawyer permission to write to him again.he also has just gave me a line for 11wks.ihave had bad deppression for 20 odd yr and recieve medication as well as being a drug addict who has been on it daily for 22years.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.