× Members

IB50/ESA50 Exempt

• DannyBoy
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #35652 by DannyBoy
IB50/ESA50 Exempt was created by DannyBoy
Hi all, can someone please clarify.

As i understand prior 2008 under the old rules, those that were on Incapacity Benefit and due reassessment were exempt from filling in an IB50 PCA (Personal Capability Assessment)if in receipt of High rate DLA/Mobility.

My question is, are those rules no longer applicable to The ESA50 WCA (Work Capability Assessment)in law?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #35654 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:IB50/ESA50 Exempt
DannyBoy wrote:

As i understand prior 2008 under the old rules, those that were on Incapacity Benefit and due reassessment were exempt from filling in an IB50 PCA (Personal Capability Assessment)if in receipt of High rate DLA/Mobility.

My question is, are those rules no longer applicable to The ESA50 WCA (Work Capability Assessment)in law?

Hi,

Under Incapacity Benefit rules one was exempt the PCA if in receipt of High Rate Care Component of DLA.

Under ESA, this and other exemptions no longer apply.

Pete

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #35669 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:IB50/ESA50 Exempt
DannyBoy wrote:

the following get you off but thats about it
•You are terminally ill and your death can reasonably be expected within 6 months.
•You are receiving, or recovering from receiving, intravenous, intraperitoneal or intrathecal chemotherapy.
•You have a notifiable disease or have been in contact with someone with a notifiable disease.
•You are a pregnant woman and there is a serious risk of damage to your health or to the health of your unborn child if you do not refrain from work.
•You are a pregnant woman entitled to maternity allowance.
•You are a pregnant woman within 6 weeks of your expected confinement date or 14 days after the date of your confinement where you don’t have any entitlement to maternity allowance or statutory maternity pay.

I think there is one missing thats if your having that strange kind of tube feeding ? not sure its name

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.