× Members

reclaim of ESA on deterioration refused

More
13 years 5 months ago #35674 by lochlisa
reclaim of ESA on deterioration refused was created by lochlisa
hi all,

well, after losing a paper appeal I reclaimed ESA due to deterioration of circumstances. DM refused based on the old ATOS medical from 6 months ago.

Was advised to reclaim ESA again but to wait until 6 months had elapsed from the date of the last DM's decision after my ATOS medical.

So, I am off to reclaim ESA yet again and to submit all the fresh medical evidence and to see if they have the cheek to send me for another medical.

I have asked for a reconsideration of the recent decision and sent in yet more medical evidence.

How they can use a 6 month old medical is beyond me!

Not backing down though.

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #35696 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:reclaim of ESA on deterioration refused
Hi Lisa

You're right, they should not be using medical information that's six months out of date, especially when you are claiming ESA on the basis of a deterioration in health. I think you should make this a key argument on appeal.

Good luck

Derek

• originaldave
13 years 5 months ago #35732 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:reclaim of ESA on deterioration refused
lochlisa wrote:

hi all,

well, after losing a paper appeal I reclaimed ESA due to deterioration of circumstances. DM refused based on the old ATOS medical from 6 months ago.

Was advised to reclaim ESA again but to wait until 6 months had elapsed from the date of the last DM's decision after my ATOS medical.

So, I am off to reclaim ESA yet again and to submit all the fresh medical evidence and to see if they have the cheek to send me for another medical.

I have asked for a reconsideration of the recent decision and sent in yet more medical evidence.

How they can use a 6 month old medical is beyond me!

Not backing down though.

Lisa

If the claim is for a condition that they would not expect to get worse in 6 months then, they could say if this is what your claim is for it should not be worse also if the medical gave them facts 6 months ago that would back up there postion it should not have changed then they could use this report

you say you have sent in more evidance if this shows a change it backs up your case, if the new evidance says nothing new just backs up what was said before it might not help, but if all the evidance is seen by a different DM you might get the claim :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #35736 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:reclaim of ESA on deterioration refused
It shouldn't be relevant whether the condition is expected to get worse, it's a case of whether it has got worse.

I don't think a previous medical prognosis would have any relevence to a present claim or appeal. If claimants were judged on their previous prognosis (which is usually 3-6 months), I'm afraid that would be the end of the ESA WRAG.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.