× Members

Got my IB back a week before the tribunal

More
13 years 4 months ago #35725 by doktorjohn
Got my IB back a week before the tribunal was created by doktorjohn
I got a call from jobcentreplus; They have decided to "change their decision" and re-instate my IB.

A nice respite before they crucify me with ESA next year.

What a waste of time to put me through 8 months of hardship and anxiety waiting for the appeal only to realise they were wrong.

Thanks to this website with the template and suggestions which I used to write my appeal.

My GP's letter was what swung it because I gave her a list of the descriptors that i was fighting for and she wrote specifically on each issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tb1uk
13 years 4 months ago #35731 by tb1uk
well done you.

i wonder what made them change their minds?

i've waited 16 months so far for my appeal

More
13 years 4 months ago #35734 by Derek4
Congratulations Dr. John

I think a GP who knows what the descriptors are in the PCA has a much better opportunity to give accurate and relevant information. It may well be what swung your reconsideration.

Derek

More
13 years 4 months ago #35740 by doktorjohn
Replied by doktorjohn on topic Re: Got my IB back a week before the tribunal
I think they must look at each case a week or so before the tribunal and decide whether it's worth fighting.

The lady from jobcentreplus who rang me was saying that they had only just seen the letter from my GP and they have changed the decision before the tribunal.

They have actually had access to that letter for six months because I sent it together with my appeal statement in May or June.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.