× Members

ib medical advise

More
13 years 4 months ago #35943 by chaulky
ib medical advise was created by chaulky
i have to go for medical on friday.my problem is i filled my ib50, in febuary,since then i have been for xrays in july been diagnosed with siatica,osteoarthritus . i am now getting phisio,plus i have now been refered to vascular surgeon ,ihave an appointment on the same day,straight after ib medical,my problem is i have wrote in to atos telling them the problem,i went to see my gp last week they have not been i touch with him he just said any problems get them to contact him,my problem is i am going to get judged by my old ib50 that is 9 month old ,so all my answers on that form plus diagnosis are wrong . i pointed this out to atos in july but they didnt bother to get in touch with me . now my medical is here i dont think it is right they have been told in july they have had plenty of time to send me another ib50 form but they never botherd so as it stands i will have my medical .with all information they have 9 months out of date :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tb1uk
13 years 4 months ago #35945 by tb1uk
Replied by tb1uk on topic Re:ib medical advise
hi roy

take all the info with you to the medical.

make sure the medic reads it all.

or, you could phone the appointments number and tell them your having tests the same day and see if they will change your appointment for another day.

also, ask for it to be recorded. they will do it and give you a copy

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #35946 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ib medical advise
roy wrote:

i have to go for medical on friday.my problem is i filled my ib50, in febuary,since then i have been for xrays in july been diagnosed with siatica,osteoarthritus . i am now getting phisio,plus i have now been refered to vascular surgeon ,ihave an appointment on the same day,straight after ib medical,my problem is i have wrote in to atos telling them the problem,i went to see my gp last week they have not been i touch with him he just said any problems get them to contact him,my problem is i am going to get judged by my old ib50 that is 9 month old ,so all my answers on that form plus diagnosis are wrong . i pointed this out to atos in july but they didnt bother to get in touch with me . now my medical is here i dont think it is right they have been told in july they have had plenty of time to send me another ib50 form but they never botherd so as it stands i will have my medical .with all information they have 9 months out of date :(

was the original diagnosis herniated disc ?

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #35947 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: ib medical advise
Some people are exempt a medical, but although there is an exemption for active and progressive forms of inflammatory polyarthritis, this does not sound from what you say to be the sort of arthritis you've got, although I mention it is in case it is.

Otherwise, it seems to be a bit late now for an IB50, so it would seem to be a case of turning up for the medical, but there's nothing to stop you taking up to date evidence of your conditions to show to the doctor. Bear in mind, though, that it's not your diagnosis but how it affects you that they are assessing.

Good luck.

More
13 years 4 months ago #35948 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ib medical advise
Hi Roy

It is not necessary or advisable to rely on the DWP contacting your doctor. You can obtain further information regarding your claim from your doctor or any other source that can help, and send it to the DWP.

Please read the guides, which give helpful advice regarding sending further medical evidence.

Good luck

Derek

More
13 years 4 months ago #35952 by chaulky
Replied by chaulky on topic Re:ib medical advise
i have asked for it to be recorded already but no reply yet thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.