× Members

Work related or Support group for Severe M.E.?

• julie stannard
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36110 by julie stannard
Work related or Support group for Severe M.E.? was created by julie stannard
Managed to come through two medicals and one appeal -finally receiving ESA for Severe Me. STill however being put into the work activity group. Dont know If I have the energy to keep on appealing against this decision.

Could I ask other M.E. sufferers if anyone has won thier case and been put into the Support group?

Would welcome feedback. jules

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #36122 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Work related or Support group for Severe M.E.?
julie
stannard wrote:

Managed to come through two medicals and one appeal -finally receiving ESA for Severe Me. STill however being put into the work activity group. Dont know If I have the energy to keep on appealing against this decision.

Could I ask other M.E. sufferers if anyone has won thier case and been put into the Support group?

Would welcome feedback. jules

I think that you might have a good case, but playing devils advocate, you have a problem drs cant agree on, and given people with problems drs do agree cant get in SG you have a battle on your hand and of course durring the fight to get where you think you should be you are open to them putting you in a worse group :(

at present thats not too much of a problem, might be better to save your strength for the fight when your still in that group and its time limited to one year.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36160 by Callisto
Hi Dave
I have spoken to my MP and asked that he write to Chris Grayling to suggest that severe unrelenting ME patients be placed within the Support Group. Obviously as Julie said, without a clearcut pathology it is a very difficult area. Not fair, but sadly true.
As soon as my MP writes with the reply i will post it on here if thats any good?
Best wishes
Callisto

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #36181 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Work related or Support group for Severe M.E.?
Callisto wrote:

Hi Dave
I have spoken to my MP and asked that he write to Chris Grayling to suggest that severe unrelenting ME patients be placed within the Support Group. Obviously as Julie said, without a clearcut pathology it is a very difficult area. Not fair, but sadly true.
As soon as my MP writes with the reply i will post it on here if thats any good?
Best wishes
Callisto

I think you have me mixed up with original poster :)

• Ranald
13 years 4 months ago #36187 by Ranald
Callisto wrote:

Hi Dave
Best wishes
Callisto

I don't think it will be possible to have an umbrella ruling for any individual condition, The WCA is supposedly to determine what an individual can do, not their diagnosis.

Ranald

• cashmygold
13 years 4 months ago #36192 by cashmygold
Replied by cashmygold on topic Re:Work related or Support group for Severe M.E.?
I read somewhere on this site about the strict criteria for being placed in the support group such as those receiving or recovering from chemo, those with terminal illness, i think diaysis was on there but dont quote me on it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.