× Members

Tribunal complaints

• pata1
13 years 4 months ago #36387 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:Tribunal complaints
tb1uk wrote:

thanks. but the point being, they won't give me the results of my complaint till after my next appeal. looking at the letter from them, they have done the investigation last august.

As I tried to explain in my last post, an Upper Tribunals role,( formerly called Social Security Commissioners) is to decide whether or nor your First-tier tribunal (FTT) made an error(s) in their decision,. The UT have decided that they have, so what happens now is that your appeal is sent back to a freshly constituted FTT, who will hear your appeal afresh, and then decide on an award.

Rarely, usual in the more complex cases, the UT will substitute their own decision rather than send it to another FTT, but normally they don't do this.

As I'm not a qualified benefits adviser, perhaps Crazydiamond could explain better, with his knowledge of tribunals, and being a former DHSS/DSS Adjudication Officer, now of course called Decision Makers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36389 by mikmeg
Replied by mikmeg on topic Re:Tribunal complaints
tb1uk,

There is nothing in UK stronger than a medical man/woman . They are almost untouchable, I know from the experience that took my whole life from me,and left me to scrounge on benefits disabled.
Write a letter as a makeway, but I really would not expect their consideration other than they are unaware of any reasons why they should take the person you are complaining about to task.And by what evidence you put forward.
Its a no win situ.

Mike

• tb1uk
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36396 by tb1uk
Replied by tb1uk on topic Re:Tribunal complaints
hi mike

oh, boy do i know.

i understand the upper tribunal sided with me on the decision that was made last november (even though, the DWP insisted for months after that they had not)

but, the attitude of the doctor stunk. even a friend that was with me made a complaint against him.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Tribunal complaints
tb1uk

Is it possible that there is a legal reason as to why the results of your complaint cannot be released. Possibly the content would affect the decision of the Lower Tribunal, which as I'm sure you know is limited to looking at evidence co-temporal with the original decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• tb1uk
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36453 by tb1uk
Replied by tb1uk on topic Re:Tribunal complaints
thanks Gordon

thats what i'm thinking. if it's information that helps me, i want it off them for my tribunal

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.