× Members

Partner claiming Jsa(cb) im on ib.

• helchis
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36377 by helchis
Partner claiming Jsa(cb) im on ib. was created by helchis
I know Jsa not really dealt with on this site but any help be great.my partner has worked for past 6 years but is being made redundant.he will be claiming jsa contribution based.its says on jsa form

(As you may be eligible to claim the income-based component of Jobseeker's Allowance, your partner must agree to your claiming benefit for him/her. Does your partner agree to your claiming benefit for him/her?)

as im on incapacity benefit myself dont want to be on the claim should we say no to that part any help be great

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John
13 years 4 months ago #36501 by John
Replied by John on topic Re:Partner claiming Jsa(cb) im on ib.
Hello there, I am definately no expert but have a similar situation I think. I am claiming ESA (cb) and my wife was finished from work on medical grounds recently.

We are battling through the sytem but how we are told it works for a couple is this...If you are both claiming on a (contribution based basis) ie for us esa (cb) the you can claim independanlty but if one or other is claiming income based benefit then you MUST claim as a couple. IE if i was ESA (ib) and my wife ESA (cb) we must claim together as a couple.

So if you are an income based banefit and your partner claims then it will be a as couple, if you are on contribution based then you can claim seperately.

I hope that makes sense and it is the correct information...I have had verying advice upon it but this is now how we are claiming and the most common of the answers we received from many phone calls to the benefits agencies.

John

• helchis
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36781 by helchis
Replied by helchis on topic Re:Partner claiming Jsa(cb) im on ib.
Cheers for that john i get ib(contribution based) as my partner has been working for the past 6 years im sure she should get jsa (contribuition based)so if thats the case she should claim alone.i dont want to lose my ib if she claims jsa and they take my ib of me so she can claim jsa income based

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.