× Members

Can you challenge a decision makers review date?

• Catherine
13 years 4 months ago #36569 by Catherine
I think it is inappropriate to review people too frequently - mainly due to the level of distress the whole process often causes.

I have gone from a three year exemption to meeting the PCA threshold on points (following my completion of an IB50 i should never have been sent) and a next review date in only six months time.

Naturally i was alarmed at the prospect of being subjected to ESA sooner than i should be and have queried it.

Have other people been given short review dates, co-inciding with the ESA transfer even though they have been exempt for longer periods in the past?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #36576 by pete17971
Catherine wrote:

I think it is inappropriate to review people too frequently - mainly due to the level of distress the whole process often causes.

I have gone from a three year exemption to meeting the PCA threshold on points (following my completion of an IB50 i should never have been sent) and a next review date in only six months time.

Naturally i was alarmed at the prospect of being subjected to ESA sooner than i should be and have queried it.

Have other people been given short review dates, co-inciding with the ESA transfer even though they have been exempt for longer periods in the past?

Sadly at the moment it seems the norm for review times to be shorter than previously under the IB/IS/PCA regime.

Whether this will continue once migration from IB/IS to ESA begins in full waits to be seen. There will only be finite capacity within the system hence one way of 'capacity control' could be to lengthen review times. However I must stress this is only speculation at this time.

We will have to see how things 'pan out' once migration gets fully underway.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.