× Members

Help with GP letter please re DLA appeal

• John
  • Topic Author
13 years 5 months ago #36512 by John
My GP filled in the DLA form they sent originally and although he put my problems down he did so briefly (formlike just as DWP probably want it), saying I had severe mobility problems etc but I was rejected so appealed.

I asked my GP recently to write me a new letter for a couple of things to help with DLA appeal, to send to ATOS re home medical and any other need that arises. It is I think a great letter and details all my problems and what they mean to me, ie my illness, how it affects me and what it stops me doing ie walking, washing, dressing etc etc but it does not cover a period of time. It was written in early october but relates to my general treatment and condition etc for the past year. I realise that the appeal is concerned only with the date of the earlier decision which was around february....Will the tribunal accept this or do they literally need specific dates to use the letter.

Although my GP did this letter and it is great it took me a few months on his case to get it done and was not easy. It will also not be easy for me to get him to write another covering specific dates.

Any help or advice concerning this appreciated.

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #36520 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Help with GP letter please re DLA appeal
Hi John

Ideally your GP's letter should refer to the date of the decision, but if your condition has not changed since and you state this, I think it should be accepted.

Best of luck

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.