× Members

Taking the plunge: DLA supersession

• DeusExMacintosh
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48094 by DeusExMacintosh
Replied by DeusExMacintosh on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
Went right up to the 11-week wire, but supersession WAS SUCCESSFUL!!!! :woohoo: MRC now up to HRC from receipt of submission and Higher Rate Mobility continues, both indefinitely. No need for an appeal or medical, decided entirely on the paper submission. Could have knocked me over with a feather. :side: Am sure this was possible because of the detailed advice in the B&W guides and am hoping this new updated medical evidence means my migration across to ESA (whenever it occurs) will similarly be based upon the paper. In any case, I will be relying on your guides when completing the ESA forms with complete confidence, with the added benefit that it will mean not having to call on the already overburdened resources of the Citizens Advice Bureaux. £20 well spent to achieve an effective benefits uprating of almost £150 a month! B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• purplelady
13 years 1 month ago #48107 by purplelady
Replied by purplelady on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
thank you I am also waiting to take the plunge. I am on high rate motibility and low rate care but have needed a lot more help since August 2010. Now my husband is leaving work to care for me and for him to get carers allowance I belive I have to be on the higher rate.

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #48123 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
DeusExMacintosh wrote:

Went right up to the 11-week wire, but supersession WAS SUCCESSFUL!!!! :woohoo: MRC now up to HRC from receipt of submission and Higher Rate Mobility continues, both indefinitely. No need for an appeal or medical, decided entirely on the paper submission. Could have knocked me over with a feather. :side: Am sure this was possible because of the detailed advice in the B&W guides and am hoping this new updated medical evidence means my migration across to ESA (whenever it occurs) will similarly be based upon the paper. In any case, I will be relying on your guides when completing the ESA forms with complete confidence, with the added benefit that it will mean not having to call on the already overburdened resources of the Citizens Advice Bureaux. £20 well spent to achieve an effective benefits uprating of almost £150 a month! B)

Well done not sure why yours took so long mine and a few others shot through in recent weeks the only differance I can see from back reading the other posts is me and the others gave them a large selection of hospital reports too

did you ?

More
13 years 1 month ago #48136 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
Fabulous news, Deus.
You must be floating on cloud nine!

• DeusExMacintosh
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #48503 by DeusExMacintosh
Replied by DeusExMacintosh on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
I didn't have 'lots'. Had the latest nerve conduction test results from the hospital plus excellent letter from GP (bless her), serviceable letter from my neurologist [yes she is REALLY disabled and needs more help] and supporting letters from primary carer and warden of sheltered housing scheme. Thought about getting a letter from the charity that provides my Assistance Dog but decided time was of the essence and put it in without.

• purplelady
13 years 1 week ago #54234 by purplelady
Replied by purplelady on topic Re:Taking the plunge: DLA supersession
Hi, can you tell me if they sent you a claim form or did they just accept your letter.
I sent a letter last week and they have just rang me and said they are sending a form :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.