× Members

ESA Appeal

• Emmablue
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #36863 by Emmablue
ESA Appeal was created by Emmablue
Hi All,

New to this site but have used the information to help me write my appeal.I have found the info very useful and I have received the letter today to tell me my papers are being passed to the tribunal service.

I am suffering with endometriosis, depression and anxiety. I have had 2 operations this year and am now on a course of injections for 6 months to bring on a temporary menopause (I am only 26 years old!) As you can imagine all of this has been super stressful on me and my family & I am also going through an employment tribunal as I was finished off due to sickness absence.

I used to work for the DWP as a telephone advisor for ESA (don't all boo at once, lol) so I have a good knowledge of the benefit anyway and I also used to work for Atos before that! In my report that the decision maker has sent to the tribunal it refers to me being an ESA advisor and that I should be basically more aware of the facts due to my previous role? Surely this should not be brought into question? My previous employment has nothing to do with my appeal or my need for ESA!

I am sorry to rant on but I was just wondering if there was any advice someone could give me on how to proceed and also would it be beneficial to obtain a report from my G.P. to clarify my condition and my day to day difficulties?

Thanks in advance.

Emma.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36873 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Appeal
Hi Emmablue, welcome to the forum.

I'm not quite sure what 'facts' the decision maker is referring to, but there is certainly no reason why an advisor in the ESA department of the DWP should know anything about WCA.

Tribunals can have expectations from somebody from a professional background that they would not otherwise, but I see no reason why you should be more aware of the 'facts' than anybody else with an administrative background.

It would definitely be beneficial to get supporting evidence from your GP about your day to day difficulties, preferably relating directly to the ESA activities that you are disputing.

Hope this is helpful

Derek

More
13 years 4 months ago #36874 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: ESA Appeal
Hi Emmablue, It would help you if you got your GP to do a report but some charge for this and some dont,Any Hospital reports would be useful too. Best Wishes

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.