× Members

thinking ahead

More
13 years 4 months ago #36869 by mcintosh
thinking ahead was created by mcintosh
As we all know, the benefits system is changing and reading about it all, i realise that very few enter the support group. So in my case if I am put into the WRAG group and then thrown off that onto JSA for 12 months, at the end of the 12 months I will be 60, female, and due to pension changes, unable to claim my pension for another couple of years. Hubby has an ill health pension of roughly 150 pnds a week and no mortgage. What a way to reach your later years through illness that has been no fault of your own. Encouraged when we were younger to take out your own pension, struggled to pay it every week, and if you are in the position of no money coming in, we wont give you any help
:(
P.S. Do feel women have been stitched up.
Thanks for listening

San

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 4 months ago #36881 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: thinking ahead
If you don't have much in the way of savings, you may be able to get pension credit when the time comes. At current rates, the amount that a couple is expected to need to live on is just over £200. Having said that, the government has talked of changing the pension and pension credit system to merge them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.